The brightly colored DAW Chair (Dining height Armchair Wooden base), first designed in 1948, is one of the most recognizable pieces from E.’s furniture collection. It boasts a beautifully flowing shell seat, which is molded to fit the lines of the body. The rolled edge prevents the seat from pressing into the back of the legs. This triumph of design was created for the “Low Cost Furniture Design” Competition at the New York Museum of Modern Art and went on to become the first mass-produced plastic chair. The innovative methods of molding and bending, developed by the popular designer, established the DAW Chair series as a true furniture icon of the 20th century. Poly+Bark produces the shell of this design classic in a quality and durable polypropylene plastic, available in several bright colors. It is supported by wooden legs interconnected by wires, adding an intricate touch to contrast with the chair’s simple, organic design. Overall Product Dimensions:23.6″L x 24.6″W x 31.5″H Seat Dimensions: 17.5″ D x 18″ W x 18.1″ H Arm Height: 26.3″.
- Set of two (2) classic Eames style DAW molded plastic arm chairs
- Sturdy maple wood finished legs and black strengthened steel wire frame
- Duratech infused plastic for superior strength in a matte finish
- Plastic non-marking floor protectors
- Easy to assemble with a 1 year warranty